Ken Langhorn, Product Manager has announced the recent shipment of a special VersaMix - Model VMC-50. The mixer was designed to provide maximum process flexibility to the user and included three agitation systems.
The VersaMix was constructed using type 316 stainless steel wetted parts. The wetted surfaces were polished to a 180 grit, easy to clean finish. The unit included:
- Conventional Disk type High Speed Disperser
- Three Wing Anchor with TFE scrapers to clean the side-walls of the vessel
- Gas purged shaft seals
- A 50 psi jacketed dished bottom vessel to permit heating or cooling during processing
- Vacuum and pressure construction for operation to 29-1/2 hg & 25 psig
- Portable mixing vessel on caster wheels
- Independently variable speed drives
The VersaMix is ideal for the manufacturing of products including adhesives, chemicals, plastics and electronics having viscosities up to 500,000 cps. Change can models are available ranging from a one-gallon bench-top design to production sizes exceeding 1000 gallons capacity. Fixed tank designs are offered in capacities to 4000 gallons. All sizes are available with a wide range of optional features to meet the needs of each customer.
SOURCE: Charles Ross and Son Company